What are Days and Months in Saka Era?
According to the Saka Era Calendar names of Months and Days are explained?
22nd March is the New Year according to the Saka Era Calendar or Indian National Calendar.
- Name: Saka Calendar
- Adopted In: 1957
- Introduced In: 79 CE
- The year Starts on March 22
- Number of Days: 365 Days
- Number of Months: 12 Months
- Perused By: Gazette of India, Govt. of India, All India News Broadcast
The SAKA Calendar is based on luni-sonar. This calendar has 365 days, 12 months like a normal year. March 22 is the first day and Chitra is the first month.
Name of Months of SAKA Era । Months of SAKA Era in Hindi
- Chhaitra (चैत्र) – March 21 to April 20
- Vaishakha (वैशाख:) – April 21 to May 21
- Jyeshtha (ज्येष्ठ) – May 22 to June 21
- Ashadha (आषाढ़:) – June 22 to July 22
- Shravana (श्रवण) – July 23 – August 22
- Bhaadra (भद्र:) – August 22 to September 22
- Ashwin (अश्विन) – September 23 to October 22
- Kartika (कार्तिका) – October 23 to November 21
- Agrahayana (अग्रहायण) – November 22 to December 21
- Pausha (पौष:) – December 22 to January 20
- Magha (माघ) – January 21 to February 19
- Phalguna (फाल्गुन) – February 20 – March 20/21
Days in SAKA Era Calendar (Hindi)
A different kind of SAKA Calendar is followed by Maharastra, Telengana, Andra Pradesh, Karnataka so the calendar begins on 6 April.